Friday, February 7, 2020




February 7, 2020



At Sea



Bonnie, Judy (Lee), Judy (Bob), Sherita, and I were at Sit and Stitch.  We wound some yarn with Rich’s help.  (He is Judy [Lee’s] husband.)



We had our poorest showing of the cruise in trivia today with only 4 out of 15 correct.  The winners had 10.



1)”URL” stands for what?

2.What is the more common name for grape sugar?

3.Bronze is an alloy of which two elements?

4.What is a monarch butterfly commonly called?

5.What country once technically fought a war against a species of bird?

6.Who said, “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful”?

7.Sakhmet was the Egyptian goddess of what? (2 things)

8.In darts, what is the highest possible score using three darts?



I worked on my Linus blanket until 1 pm and then lunch in the Lido.  We made chainmaille earring in Arts & Crafts.



After crafts I went to the Future Cruise desk and put down a deposit on the 2022 GWV.  I had originally thought I would wait until 2023 until I heard some of my friends talking the other morning.  All but one of them had battled cancer.  You never know what is ahead so I feel I need to cruise while I can.



We had a little better showing in afternoon trivia with 11 out of 21 but were way off of the winning team’s 18.


1.Who was elected mayor of New York City in 1933?

2.What medicine gets its name from the Greek “against life”?

3.What impoverished nation boasts the longest strip of white sand beach in the Caribbean?

4.What was the first movie to pass the one billion dollar mark in worldwide ticket sales?

5.How many hundreds of dollars could a northerner spend to stay out of the Civil War?



After trivia I went out on deck to get some pictures.  It was a beautiful day with blue skies and interesting scenery.



I worked on getting a couple of documents my daughter needs to file my taxes but the internet kept cutting out on me.  Hopefully, I can finish it up tomorrow.



I reintroduced myself to my dinner table (I had been gone two days).  There were a couple of birthday groups that repeatedly sang “Happy Birthday” throughout dinner so it was a noisy evening.  I skipped the mentalist show.



Another sea day tomorrow.



Morning trivia (we missed all of these)

1.uniform resource locator

2.glucose

3.tin and copper

4.Milkweed

5.Australia

6.Mae West

7.war and healing

8.180



Afternoon trivia

1.LaGuardia

2.antibiotic

3.Dominican Republic

4.Titanic

5.$300

Pictures from scenic cruising on the coast of Chile 











the earrings we made today


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment