Monday, February 3, 2020


February 3, 2020



At Sea



My morning began with Sit & Stitch back in the Crow’s Nest.  Only Bonnie, Sherita, Judy (Lee), and I were present.



We went to trivia at 11:30. All six of our morning team were present.  We had 11 out of 15 and tied another team for the win!

1.What is a “travellator”?

2.Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Amy Winehouse all died at what age?

3.In what year did the Berlin Wall start to come down?

4.Calling it “inflammable air” what English scientist discovered hydrogen?

5.What was the first Bond film to win an Oscar for best original song?

6.The mojito is a rum cocktail from what country?



I was determined to finish my second onboard (8th total) Linus blanket today so I could turn it in tomorrow and get yarn for my next one since we have two port days coming up.  I worked until 1 pm and then went to the Lido for lunch and then Arts & Crafts.  We made a cloisonné necklace.



Back to my cabin to work some more on my Linus blanket. 



For afternoon trivia Rich joined us again as well as a man whose name I don’t know.  We only had 14 out of 21 and the winning team had 19.

1.What Sinatra song did Buzz Aldrin play when he landed on the moon?

2.In Josie and the Pussycats, what was the cat’s name?

3.How many points does it take to win a cribbage game?

4.How many men on a Canadian football team?

5.Who was inspired to do redneck jokes when he saw a sign for a bowling alley that had valet parking?

6.What sport was on the first cover of Sports Illustrated?

I finished the Linus blanket before dinner.  I also left a bag of laundry on the bed when I left for dinner.  We were asked to conserve water and avoid sending things to the laundry until Ushuaia.  Since we were less than 24 hours away (scheduled to get in at 6 pm Tuesday), I went ahead and got my clothes in the queue.  The laundry service has been excellent with average time of return 12-16 hours.  As backed up as they are bound to be, I am not expecting my clothes back before the end of the week.



Only Lenora and I were at dinner (there was a special Tamarind dinner in the Pinnacle).  I skipped the show (another one I have seen in the past) because I want to get up early (6 am!!!) for the scenic cruising around Cape Horn.



The internet has been so bad that I have not been able to get any pictures up in the last 24 hours.  Stay tuned for when I get them up.



Morning trivia

1.moving walkway

2.27

3.1989

4.Cavendish

5.Skyfall

6.Cuba



Afternoon trivia

1.Fly Me to the Moon

2.Sebastian

3.121

4.12

5.Jeff Foxworthy

6.baseball

today's necklace

a pillow gift


blanket #2





Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment