Wednesday, February 26, 2020


February 25, 2020



At Sea



We added another member to our Sit and Stitch group with Kathy for Sherita’s table.  Now we have the three Judys, Bonnie, Sherita, Sherry, Kathy, and me.



For morning trivia we had 11 out of 15.  Two teams tied for the win with 14.



1.What fruit is fermented to make “Perry”?

2.What city has the most famous Yonge Street?

3.”Sounder” is the term for a group of which animals?

4.How many provinces does the Netherlands have?

5.What company produced the first computer to run a Microsoft system?



I finished my fifth Linus blanket before lunch and tried to add more pictures to yesterday’s blog.  The internet was terrible.



In arts and crafts we made a pouch for the necklace we will make tomorrow.



I sat in the sun and finished my book after crafts.  I decided the water was sloshing around too much in the pool to swim this afternoon.



Debby joined us for afternoon trivia.  We had 12 out of 17 and the winners had a perfect score.

1.A praying mantis is the only insect to have only one of these.

2.What part of the population is left-handed – 5%, 7%, or 10%?

3.In what year did Monty Python’s Flying Circus debut on the BBC?

4.How many wings does a bee have?

5.What organs’ capacity is measured by a spirometer?



I tried to sit out on deck 9 overlooking the pool but they had already put away the loungers and tied them up so I came back to my cabin to battle the internet once again.  Things were slow (as usual) for the first 30 minutes and then, all of a sudden, the internet was working great.  I was able to get five pictures up in about 5 minutes, do a little research on Auckland (like the closest McDonald’s) and get rid of about 225 e-mails that had been stacking up since I could not get the e-mails to load.  I hated to have to leave to go to dinner.



Beads and masks were the order of the day in the dining room to celebrate Mardi Gras.  There was also a party up in the Crow’s Nest.



Instead of the show (a juggler) I went to the stargazing session.  Evidently people had asked for some stargazing and been told no so they mounted a protest and got it on the schedule.  There was a huge turnout (my estimate was at least a 100 people).  We made our way up to the Sky Deck which is deck 10 (although it does not show up on deck plans) right above the Crow’s Nest.  It was very windy and even with my Star Chart app, I could not find most of the stars the Third Officer was pointing out.  I did see Sirius and Orion’s Belt and maybe the Southern Cross. 



When I got back down the stairs to deck 9 I stopped in to see the Mardi Gras party.  There were quite a few people there (more than on a typical night at 10:30), the Station Band was playing, and people were dancing.



Tonight we gain an hour and lose 23 hours.  Tomorrow is a sea day.



Morning trivia

1.pears

2.Toronto

3.Wild pigs or boars

4.12

5.IBM



Afternoon trivia

1.ear

2.10%

3.1969

4.4

5.lungs


Linus blanket #5 onboard (11 total)

dining room decorated for Mardi Gras


everyone received a mask and beads


Billy, our waiter, dressed for the evening

the jewelry case we made in Arts & Crafts




P.S.  After bragging how great the internet was, last evening I could not stay on long enough to get to even one site.  Hence, the lateness of this post.  This morning is great, however.  I was able to upload my five pictures in six minutes!


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment