Tuesday, February 25, 2020


February 24, 2020



Avatiu, Rarotonga, Cook Islands



I did a good tour of the island two years ago so I did not do one today.  I could not remember what the area around the tender pier was like (and I didn’t have but two pictures) so I decided I would take the tender over and refresh my memory.



Since I was in no hurry, I waited until open tendering (no tender ticket needed) which occurred at 10:15.  I went down and got on the tender and was on land by 10:35.  The reason I could not remember the area was because there was nothing special to remember.  I walked for a short time but I had no real desire to find the town so I turned around and looked at the stalls by the pier and was back in my cabin by 11:35.



After lunch in the Lido I went to the Sea View pool and was able to do 2/3 of my laps before the pool got too crowded.  I sat in the sun for awhile and read.  When there were only two in the pool, I got in and finished my laps.  The chlorine in the pool is turning my hair blue (kind of a turquoise shade).  Not sure if there is much I can do about it.



When I got out the second time, Sherita was working on her crochet.  We sat and talked while I knitted and she continued her granny square blanket.  It started to drizzle after a few minutes and we gathered our things and moved under the overhang from deck nine.  Just it time too, because we got a good downpour.



I left the pool at about 3:40 to get ready for afternoon trivia (the only one of the day).  Only Diana and I showed up so we played with the “We don’t need Google” team that sits beside us in morning trivia.  We won with 15 out of 17.

1.Who flew for 43 years without a pilot’s license?

2.How many eyes does an earthworm have?

3.What is the state flower of Alaska?

4.What color are the flowers of the dill herb?

5.Which part of a woman’s body would ancient Chinese artists refuse to paint?

6.Which planet has the longest days?



I went to the Sea View pool for the last of the sail-away party.  I sat and talked with Judy (Lee) and her husband, Rich, for some time.  She treated me to the drink special – a Blue Lagoon.



The usual four for dinner.  I did not go to the show which was the Amsterdam singers and dancers.  Once again, I think I saw the show last year.



A sea day tomorrow.



Trivia

1.Orville Wright

2.none

3.forget-me-not

4.yellow

5.feet

6.Venus




Home, sweet home


Not sure why the trash bin is in the tree




Views from the deck










Finally, got all the pictures up!







Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment