Saturday, February 22, 2020


February 20, 2020



At Sea



Rich (Judy [Lee]’s husband) helped me wind yarn during Sit and Stitch.  At 11:15 I took my fourth finished Linus blanket to turn in and got some yarn to start #5.  There is not much yarn left so I am going to make another “Stashbuster” blanket with many different colors.



All of us were present for morning trivia.  We had 10 out of 15 but two teams tied at 12.

1.What is the most popular day for eating ice cream?

2.What country’s highest award is the “Order of the Elephant”?

3.How old was J.K. Rowling when she published her first Harry Potter book – 33, 31, or 29?

4.What 1987 Paul Simon album won a Grammy for Album of the Year?

5.What is “olfactophobia” a fear of?



I sorted out my yarn and started my new Linus blanket before lunch.  In Arts & Crafts we made a freshwater pearl necklace.  We will make the earrings to match tomorrow.



I worked some more on my Linus blanket before heading to the Crow’s Nest for afternoon trivia.  We had 12 out of 17 but the winners had 16.

1.Which child star almost stole Judy Garland’s role in The Wizard of Oz?

2.Which continent has the most people per square mile?

3.Who wrote Sons and Lovers?

4.What rock makes the cheapest, softest form of sandpaper?

5.What is the second longest river in Africa?

6.What sport used the term “home run” long before baseball?



I headed to the pool and swam for an hour.  We had quite a downpour just as I was finishing my swim.



The latest scuttlebutt continues to deal with the coronavirus.  Evidently, cruises to Asia are being cancelled and people are wondering if we will have to skip any of our Asian ports and if so, would we add ports.



Tonight was a Gala Night with a “Joie de Vivre” theme.  The description said, “A gala night to cheerfully enjoy life as the French do, en-route to French Polynesia.”



I did not go to the show.  It was the singers and dancers performing “Atlantic Crossing” which I have seen.



We gain another hour tonight.



Another sea day tomorrow.



Morning trivia

1.Sunday

2.Denmark

3.31

4.Graceland

5.smells (or odors)



Afternoon trivia

1.Shirley Temple

2.Europe

3.D.H. Lawrence

4.flint

5.Congo

6.cricket



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment