Saturday, February 15, 2020


February 15, 2020



At Sea



Judy (Lee) taught me how to do a large “Granny Square” for my next Linus blanket.  I picked out a cheerful bubblegum pink and yellow color scheme the other day.  I took my last blanket down at 11:15 and then went to the Ocean’s Bar for trivia.  All of us were present and we tied with 11 out of 15.

1.What are the two main ingredients in a “Cuba Libre”?

2.Rhytiphobia is the fear of what?

3.What country is home to Angel Falls?

4.The Royal Palace in Amsterdam is located in what square?

5.What is the most common kind of star found in the Milky Way?

6.Released in 1941, what is the only Disney animated full-length feature in which the title character does not speak?



After trivia I tried to upload my pictures from yesterday but the internet was still not working.  We have had terrible reception through most of the cruise.  Hopefully, it will get better.  Since I could not get my pictures up I worked on my new Linus blanket until 1:15 when I went to lunch in the Lido.



In arts & crafts we made a Maoi pendant and earrings.  Afterwards I went to Guest Services and had my “Reminder” note for the Cabin Crawl copied.  Before afternoon trivia I delivered them to decks one and two and completed distributing to decks 3, 6, and 7 after trivia.



Afternoon trivia was a special Nautical themed one.  Third Officer Cian gave the questions and they were tough.  The winning team only had 9 out of 16.  We had four.

1.Which is further west – the Panama Canal or Fort Lauderdale?

2.What is the name of the southern tip of Africa?

3.What is the equivalent of one nautical mile in kilometers or miles?

4.How many points (not degrees) are on a compass?

5.What is the meaning of five short rapid blasts?



Because there was a game tonight, I had decided not to eat in the dining room.  So when I finished my deliveries, I tried the internet again.  It was very spotty at first (I got kicked off five times while trying to post something on Cruise Critic) but got better and I was able to get my pictures up in under 30 minutes.



I had dinner in the Lido and then sat out by the pool until time to go to the Crow’s Nest for the game Taboo.  There were only seven of us playing but we had fun.  I was planning on calling it a night but as I was waiting for the elevator a lady started telling me how fantastic the show was and she was going back to see the 9:30 show.  I decided to go and was very glad I did.  It was billed as “A unique non-stop musical adventure ‘Around the World’ with pianist Naki Ataman.”  He had composed a compilation of songs from a number of countries (I think it was 17) for the UN.  It was all tied together with the title song from “Around the World in Eighty Days”.  He played for 45 minutes straight with accompaniment from the drummer (Grahame) and a cello player (didn’t catch his name).



Easter Island tomorrow (hopefully!).



 Morning trivia

1.rum and coke

2.wrinkles

3.Venezuela

4.Dam Square

5.red dwarf

6.Dumbo



Afternoon trivia

1.Fort Lauderdale

2.Cape Aguhlas

3.1.85 km or 1.15 miles

4.32

5.What are your intentions?




Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your necklace and earring set. Wow! I am enjoying your blog very much and you are so lucky I am not on your trivia team - failed horribly at most answers. Thank you for all your hard work posting.

    ReplyDelete