Thursday, February 13, 2020


February 13, 2020



At Sea



There was a “Where in the World?” trivia at 10 with the exc guide, Glenn-Michael.  There were 15 slides of famous places and you had to name the city and country and 8 bonus questions.  I (played by myself) ended up with 48 out of 62.  The winning team had 52.  Here are a few of the bonus questions.


1.In what movie did Bing Crosby first sing “White Christmas”?

2.What is the answer when you divide 50 by ½ and then add 40?

3.Name three consecutive days that do not include Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday.

4.Who designed the Statue of Liberty?



It was about 10:30 when the trivia was over so I went to the Crow’s Nest for Sit and Stitch.  Sherita brought a friend who is learning to crochet.  I started a new project.



Morning trivia had all of us present and we had a score of 10 out of 15.  The winners had 12.


1.In 1862, Bucharest became the capital of what country?

2.In the NATO phonetic alphabet what is “H”?

3.In what country are the “Southern Alps”?

4.How many countries border the Black Sea?

5.What is the rarest combination of hair and eye color?



My Linus blanket is coming along nicely and I should finish it by the day after Easter Island if not before.  Once again, Sherita joined me for lunch and then Arts & Crafts.  Today we made a lava stone necklace and we will make the matching earrings tomorrow. I will post a picture of them both tomorrow.



I went to Guest Services to have copies made of a note for those who are showing their cabins for the Cabin Crawl and then delivered them before afternoon trivia.  We had 12 out of 17 and the winners tied with 15.


1.What was Boeing’s first commercial jet liner?

2.Why do farmers in parts of China keep ducks in their rice fields?

3.What country is the worlds largest producer of cheese?

4.The retina of the eye has rods and cones.  Which allows us to see color?

5.Who was the first Pope to visit Africa?

6.Which is the only American singing group to have 12 consecutive #1 singles?



We sat and talked for some time after trivia and then I started working on the blog since I definitely will be going to the show tonight.



Only Lenora and I were present for dinner.  We finished shortly after nine so I stopped by my cabin to get my knitting and then went to the show which was the group, Abba Fab.  They of course sing ABBA songs.  I have seen them on numerous cruises and they are always a popular act.  The cast was different this time and the couple who started Abba Fab (Terry and Ann) were not in it.  It still was great and it got people up and dancing in the aisles.  They will perform again in a few days.



Another day at sea tomorrow.





Where in the World? Bonus questions

1.Holiday Inn

2.140

3.Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

4.Eiffel



Morning trivia

1.Romania

2.hotel

3.New Zealand

4.6

5.red hair, blue eyes



Afternoon trivia

1.707

2.to control insects

3.USA

4.cones

5.Paul VI

6.The Supremes



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment