Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 28, 2019

Not much longer!

There is just one week to go before the cruise begins. I have been busy this past week getting ready.

The week began with my getting my cabin assigned.  This is my first cruise taking a "guarantee".  With a guarantee, you can often get upgraded (no charge) to a better category of cabin.  I did not have any specific cabin in mind as I have in the past so a guarantee worked for me.  As it turns out, I was upgraded from an "F" category (which I paid for) to a "D" category which is actually a four category upgrade (EE, E, DA, and then D).  My cabin is much further aft then any cabin I have ever had so we will see how I like it - I always book forward cabins and often the front-facing ones.  It is also considered "mid-ship" which is often the most expensive for each category.

This week I have been completing small things that need to be done like getting a haircut, picking up some cash, filling out travel memos for my credit cards, buying a few last minute clothes, etc.

Today I put away the Christmas things and brought my suitcase in from the shed.  Although I have not started packing the case, I do have things laid out and my packing list is complete (I hope!).

I leave for Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, before dawn.   I will be doing daily reports starting then.  Be sure to sign up for e-mails to be sent to you when I make a new post.

For those of you on Cruise Critic, I will also be doing a "Live from..." report which will be the same as this blog except I will only post pictures here, not on Cruise Critic.  This is my seventh blog and, I am ashamed to say, I have just figured out to make the pictures larger so you will no longer have to squint to see them!

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment