Sunday, March 8, 2020


March 8, 2020



Sydney, Australia



My original plan for today was to take the shuttle to Darling Harbour and then take the ferry to Circular Quay to visit The Rocks and then return on the ferry.  When I decided I needed to get more of the yarn that I purchased yesterday, all of that changed.  My new plan was to walk to the yarn store and then walk down George Street to Circular Quay and take the ferry back when I finished looking around.



I left the ship about 9:30 and arrived at the yarn store just after they opened at 10 am.  I then started walking to Circular Quay.  Along the way it started to drizzle so I finally got to use my raincoat which I had been lugging around.  It did not take much time at all to get to Circular Quay where I decided to have something to eat.  For the second time in two days I went into McDonald’s.  I had the pancakes which were very good.  I also asked the young man at the counter about being able to use the wi-fi since my zip code would not work as a postcode.  He said to use “2100” and it worked, so I was able to get through some e-mails while I ate.



Then I was off to The Rocks Market (which is held every Saturday and Sunday) to look at all stalls.  I always enjoy seeing all the interesting things for sell even when I don’t buy anything (like today).  When I was done, I went to the Alpaca Barn where I bought some yarn two years ago.  I found a nice alpaca/silk blend that I could not leave behind.



By that time the sun was out and it was a beautiful day and I wasn’t tired of walking so I dropped my plan to take the ferry and decided to walk back that way I had come.  On the way I found an ice cream store that had hokey pokey ice cream so I enjoyed a cone as I walked.  I walked around in the Westfield Centre before going back to Circular Quay.



Once back on board I went to the Lido to get something to eat.  There wasn’t much to choose from since it was after 2 pm so I decided to try some of the pizza which was not too good.  It was not hot and I had to pick off the pepperoni (they never have plain pizza at lunch time).



I spent some time working on my projects (finished one) until it was sail-away time.  I went up to “my deck”.  It was very windy and a bit cool but it had turned into a sunny afternoon and the sail-away was beautiful.  There were people doing the bridge climb that waved at us as we passed under the bridge.



I worked on my pictures until dinner.  I decided I would not go to the show since I was tired – I had walked more than seven miles again.



We gain an hour tonight.



Two sea days ahead.

the inside of Morris & Sons yarn floor



Views of Sydney



At The Rocks

Cadman's Cottage


some of the items for sale at The Rocks Market
(above and below)


many different types of food 


playing the didgeridoo


bunkering (started before 9 and finished just before 6)

Sail-away




bridge climbers





Good-bye Sydney!







Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment