Monday, March 23, 2020

March 23, 2020

The Long Road Home Part 3


It seems like a month since my last post rather than about 20 hours.  I had a sandwich and a Coke before the flight and then walked around one last time.

The plane was almost full with only a handful of empty seats in Economy.  First and business were upstairs so I don’t know about those.  Besides a lot of people from the ship, there were a few from the other two ships, quite a few students studying in Australia as well as some vacationers on the plane.

We were a bit late leaving because we waited for some people who were transferring from the domestic terminal (this included Judy (Lee) and her husband Rich whose flight from Perth did not arrive until 12:40 and we were scheduled to leave at 1:40.  We actually left about 2:15.

I fell asleep for about an hour after we took off but woke up when they delivered the meal.  I ended up watching five movies (more than I have seen in total in the last two years.  I napped in between movies but did not get more than about four hours total.  

We made up time and had a really smooth flight (the seatbelt sign did not come on once) which arrived on time.  Having Global Entry made going through immigration a snap.  Luggage was off loaded quickly and there were lots of free carts.  Dropped my two checked bags and then tried to find my gate for the flight home.  I finally found out I had to take the Skylink train to get to Terminal 3.

The airport is very quiet with some of the shops closed and the restaurants only having take away.  My flight does not board until 5:55 so I will get a late lunch to while away the time.

Smooth sailing until next time! 


2 comments: