Thursday, March 19, 2020


March 19



At Sea (not Komodo Island where we would have been)



Despite the well wishes from my Cruise Critic friends, I woke up very early and could not get back to sleep (I did get 6 hours of sleep, however).  I did some more packing and emptied out some closets and drawers.



Since I was up, I went to the Coffee Chat with Hamish.  He was interviewing the “Shamrock Tenors”, the Irish group that performed on St. Patrick’s Day.  At 10 I left so I could talk with Wendy and Steve.  They had not heard anything about a flight home for me yet.



We had a small group for Sit and Stitch.  Sherita and I left for trivia about 11:30 and I checked one more time with Wendy and Steve (no luck).



We had 12 out of 15 in morning trivia.  The winners had 14.

1.What Greek letter is used for summation?

2.What is the name of an eagle’s nest?

3.What are Hawaii’s two most valuable crops?

4.What are affected by Phylloxera?

5.What was Billy Joel’s first top 40 hit?



We had another update from the captain.  We have sped up so we can get to Fremantle on Saturday instead of Sunday.  The ship will leave on Monday but we can stay on until the morning of our flight home.  If the flight is after the ship leaves, we can claim the money for a hotel from HAL.



Before I left this morning, I asked my room steward if he would use his vacuum on my large compression bag that had about 20 of my shawls in it.  When I came back, he had done a great job on it so I decided to take everything out of that suitcase and put the bag on the bottom.  Suitcase number 2 is packed and number 3 is about ¾ full.



Today was our final arts and crafts and we made a tropical charm bracelet.



I sat out by the pool and finished a book before dropping my knitting bag in my cabin and going to afternoon trivia.  It had a movie theme and we did much better than any of us expected with 14 out of 20.  The winners had 17.

1.Who played Bonnie & Clyde?

2.Tom Hanks won his first Academy Award nomination for what movie?

3.Who played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?

4.Who played Molly Brown in Titanic?

5.Who wrote the scary theme music of Halloween?



My travel agency had its final cocktail party in The Mainstage from 4:30-5:30, so I went there after trivia.  I talked with Sherita and two of her friends until they left for dinner.  I then took my finished book to the book exchange in the library and then sat by the pool and worked on my knitting before returning to my cabin.



Tonight was Indonesian night and it was nice to see the MDR staff dressed in their native garb.  I had a delicious but spicy meal.  I did not go to the show (a repeat performance by the singers and dancers).



Morning trivia

1.Sigma

2.aerie

3.pineapples and sugar cane

4.grapes

5.Piano Man



Afternoon trivia

1.Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway

2.Big

3.Anne Bancroft

4.Kathy Bates

5.John Carpenter


The Shamrock Tenors

Today's charm bracelet

 Indonesian menu
 Rijstaffel

 Pryio and Billy, our waiters

entrance to dining room



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment