Tuesday, March 17, 2020


March 17, 2020



At Sea



No bombshells today but we did get lots of information.  We received the letter explaining things (compensation, debarking, etc.) and information about the FedEx Bags.


I woke up at 6:30 and could not get back to sleep.  I talked with Wendy from my travel agency and she will pass my information to my agent to get me a flight home (am I every dreading that!).


Only a small group at Sit and Stitch.  I returned the yarn I had for my next Linus blanket which I will not get to make.



We had 10 out of 15 in morning trivia and the winners had 12.

1.How do leprechauns earn their gold?

2.Name the company that supplies match balls for FIFA and UEFA.

3.What was Captain Bligh’s (of the Bounty) first name?

4.The 25.59 carat “Sunrise” is the most expensive colored gemstone.  What type of stone is it?

5.On June 29th of this year the first generation iPhone was released – 2007, 2003, or 2009?



I worked on my Linus blanket before lunch.  In Arts & Crafts we made Celtic knot earrings.



A little more work (I have three rounds to go) on my Linus blanket before changing and going to afternoon trivia which was on St. Patrick’s Day.  We had 14 out of 17 and the winners had 16.

1.What do historians believe St. Patrick’s name was at birth?

       Trevet Batilda, Aldon Backatte, or Maewyn Succat

2.Where and when was the first St.Patrick’s Day parade?

       Boston 1809, Boston 1911, NYC 1762, or Providence         1898

3.How many Americans claim to have Irish ancestry?

       14 million, 27 million, or 33 million

4.St. Patrick’s Day commemorates his ____

       Birth, death, marriage, or coronation

5.What color was associated with St. Patrick before green?

       Red, blue, or yellow



I went to the pool after trivia – sitting in the sun for 40 minutes and swimming for 40 minutes (I did some laps).



The dining room was all decorated for St. Patrick’s Day and there were some Irish inspired meals [corned beef and spinach (?)].  The evening entertainment was the “Shamrock Tenors”, a group from Belfast.  They were very good and will be doing another show in a couple of days.



We gain an hour tonight.



Morning trivia

1.they make shoes

2.Adidas

3.William

4.ruby

5.2007



Afternoon trivia

1.Maewyn Succat

2.NYC 1762

3.33 million

4.death

5.blue

 Crow's Nest decorated for St. Patrick's Day
 Another pillow gift
Celtic knot earrings



Information received today



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment