Friday, March 13, 2020


March 13, 2020



At Sea



There were seven of us at Sit and Stitch.  At 11:15 I took Linus blanket #7 to the Explorer’s Lounge to turn in.



Morning trivia was another one of Hamish’s hard ones.  We had 9 out of 15 and 7 teams tied with 10.



1.Kr is the chemical symbol for what element?

2.What physical fitness practice is named for the sanskrit word for “union”?

3.What is the total number of possible squares on a chessboard – 64, 204, or 176?

4.What is the common name for alopecia?

5.What is a smew?



During his midday talk the captain discussed Princess Cruises decision to cancel all cruises for 60 days.  HAL respected their judgment but we will continue on.  He also mentioned that so far, most ports are honoring their commitments for docking.  It was rather reassuring and made me think that we were not going to be cancelled anytime soon.



Had my usual Linus time before lunch and then made a lighthouse card in Arts& Crafts.  (We had a lecture on lighthouses today.)



We had 12 out of 18 in afternoon trivia but the winners had 17.



1.What country counted for half of the world’s increase in smoking between 1976 and 1986?

2.Do squirrels see in full color or black and white?

3.What California town is named after a major movie studio?

4.What country was once name “New Holland”?

5.What was the first vegetable to be canned?

6.What sport is played in more countries that any other?



I had planned to sit out on deck after trivia but the wind was blowing too hard – it was difficult just to walk).  I took a few pictures of the shallow waters and small islands in the Ribbon Reef Region where we are cruising. 



I had time to work on one of my knitting projects before going to 6:30 trivia.  I played with John and Sharon from the “We Don’t Need Google” team (I am now an honorary member) and we won with 15 out of 18.



1.Who is second in charge of the ship?

2.Where is the American flag that cannot be physically raised or lowered?

3.Where was the world’s first Grand Prix held in 1906?

4.What country has the most daily newspapers in the world?

5.What mammal has the longest life span?



Only Lenora and I were at dinner (Kathy and Mike are on an overland tour to Uluru).  I skipped the show.



Morning trivia

1.Krypton

2.yoga

3.204

4.baldness

5.duck



Afternoon trivia

1.China

2.black and white

3.Paramount

4.Australia

5.peas

6.soccer (football)



Evening trivia

1.Staff Captain

2.the moon

3.Le Mans

4.China

5.bowhead whale









Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your CC post about your cruise cancelled. Then saw someone enjoys your knitting comments, AND since I am a knitter, I wanted to follow and read about your trip and your knitting. It is very sad your cruise was cancelled. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. It is very sad about the cancellation and I think the uncertainty of what happens next is the worst.

    ReplyDelete