Tuesday, March 10, 2020


March 10, 2020



At Sea



We had two Kathys, four Judys, one Nancy, one Sherry, and one Bonnie for Sit and Stitch.  I worked on my two new projects and Judy (Margaret) gave me suggestions for the shawl I am making (she gave me the pattern).



Hamish said he was using a different book of trivia questions because everyone complained that yesterday’s was so hard.  Today’s was no easier.  We had 6 out of 15 and five teams tied with 9.



1.What late 70s his included the line, “Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run.”?

2.In what year was Betty Crocker introduced – 1921, 1930, or 1927?

3.Which is the world’s oldest science – astronomy, chemistry, or physics?

4.Gamophobia is the fear of what?

5.Which plant has the largest seed?



Before lunch I finished my seventh Linus blanket with the lovely yarn donated in Auckland.  In Arts & Crafts we started an Australian charm bracelet.  I will post the picture when we finish it.



Afternoon trivia was much better with 16 out of 21.  The winning team had 17.5.



1.Which country has the most donut shops per capita – Canada, Portugal, or the US?

2.Which animal never sleeps – dolphin, bullfrog, or horse?

3.Who is awarded the Art Ross award in the NHL?

4.What is the largest sapphire in the world?

5.Name the six states of Australia (1 point each).



With all the Corona Virus talk the ship has instituted some more safety measures.  During Hamish’s announcements each day, he explains the correct way to wash your hands and someone is posted by each Purell machine in the dining room and Lido reminding you to use it.  Serve yourself salads, fruit, and hot desserts are now put into small bowls in the Lido and you have to ask for the cookies.  We also received a notice about people coming aboard. 



There was another 6:30 trivia so after the 4:30 one I got ready for dinner.  I did not have a team so I played by myself and got 11 out of 18.  The winning team had 17.



1.What is the term for a hybrid of a tiger and a lion?

2.Shylock is a character in which Shakespeare play?

3.Where were the 2006 Winter Olympics?

4.Which TV talk show host is famous for wearing colorful suspenders?

5.What two features are longer on a hare than on a rabbit?



All of us were back for dinner which was billed as “Aboriginal Night Fire Dinner – Indigenous Australian dinner theme with the mesmerizing sounds of the didgeridoo.”  The decorations were not what I would of called “aboriginal” with the servers in sequined vests and ties and bows tied around the black chair covers.  There were three dishes on the menu (one starter, one main, and one dessert) that were supposedly native style.



I skipped the show.



Townsville tomorrow.



Morning trivia

1.My Sherona

2.1921

3.astronomy

4.marriage or commitment

5.coconut



Afternoon trivia

1.Canada

2.bullfrog

3.high scorer

4.Star of Adam

5.Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia



Evening trivia

1.liger

2.The Merchant of Venice

3.Torino, Italy

4.Larry King

5.ears and legs


Linus #7

today's notice

Notice the three "aboriginal"(???) items



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment