Thursday, February 27, 2020


February 27, 2020



At Sea



Today became Ash Thursday since we had no Wednesday.  There was a large service in the Mainstage.



Since I could not get on line last night, I went to bed at 11:30 so I was awake at 8.  The internet was working really well again and I was able to get everything posted as well as get through some e-mails.  I also picked out a pattern for the yarn I expect to buy in Auckland.



I had to leave Sit and Stitch early because I needed to turn in my fifth Linus blanket.  I was able to get more yarn than I expected but will have to make another “stashbuster” blanket with a row or two of each color.



In morning trivia we had 13 out of 15 and the winners had 14.  We talked ourselves out of a correct answer or we could have tied.

1.”Chadao” is the art of ____________.

2.The Hugo award is given in what field?

3.Defenestration is the act of being thrown out of what?

4.”Haldi” is the Indian name for which spice?

5.What is the universal blood type?



After trivia I started on my new Linus blanket.  In Arts & Crafts we made a wooden bead necklace.  I sat out by the Lido Pool before time to go to the Crow’s Nest for afternoon trivia.  We had 12 out of 17 and the winners had 15.5.



1.In what European nation could you visit the headquarters of NATO?

2.Who averaged one patent for every three weeks of his life?

3.Which Shakespeare character speaks the most lines (1442)?

4.What is a “ruderal” to a frustrated gardener?

5.What is heaviest element that occurs naturally on earth?



The lounge chairs were back on my favorite afternoon sitting area – the back of deck 9.  I sat in the sun for about 45 minutes and worked on my knitting as well as looking out at the sea.  The sea had been beautiful and very smooth all day long with just slight ripples caused by the breeze.



When I returned to my cabin there was a note from Guest Services asking about my water situation.  After the first time the plumber came my shower water went from 10 seconds of hot, then 10 seconds of cooler, and then repeating to one minute of a fixed temperature then back to the 10 second hot/10 second cooler.  The plumber came back today and I was able to get 3 minutes fixed and then back to the 10 second hot/cool.  On my way to dinner I stopped by and told them it was getting better but still not perfect.  They said they would send the plumber back and try again.



After dinner I went to the show which was a Doo-Wop group called The Alley Cats.  They were good.



Nuku’Alofa, Tonga tomorrow.



Morning trivia

1.making tea

2.science fiction

3.window

4.tumeric

5.O-



Afternoon trivia

1.Belgium

2.Edison

3.Hamlet

4.weed

5.uranium



calm waters 

my spot on deck 9

 yarn for Linus #6

 today's necklace

The Alley Cats






Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment