Wednesday, January 29, 2020


January 29, 2020



At Sea



We wound more of Sherita’s yarn this morning before trivia.  We had 9 out of 15 and the winning team had 13.


1.Where do vampire bats live – Transylvania, Mexico, or Africa?

2.What war was triggered by the shooting of a pig?

3.What empire began as an alliance of three city states?

4.What singer was known as the “Empress of the Blues”?

5.What is the main ingredient in a mince pie?

6.Every episode of Seinfeld includes an image or reference to which superhero?

7.What object commonly occurs in Picasso’s paintings?



I had some errands to run so no Linus before lunch.  In Arts & Crafts we made a polar charm necklace.  I wanted to make a hot chocolate afterwards but everyone must have had the same idea because there was not a packet of mix to be found.  Instead I went back to my cabin and worked on my Linus blanket.



Only Marilyn, Rodney, Diana, and I at afternoon trivia.  We had 21 out of 26 but two teams tied with 23 (there were three tie-breakers and they continued to tie so it was left at that).


1.What ingredient makes a dish “Florentine”?

2.What sauce is made with white wine, vinegar, and tarragon added to hollandaise?

3.Where was it raining for Buddy Holly?

4.What was first used in 1806 by billiard players to help control the ball?

5.How many days is Kwanzaa?

6.In the TV series, what actor played Batman?



There were a number of whale sightings after trivia in the Crow’s Nest.  We will likely see quite a few more over the next four days’ “Antarctic Experience”.  We have been in the Drake Passage today and have been very lucky because it can have some of the roughest seas in the world.



Because there was Name That Tune this evening I did not eat in the dining room.  I ate in the Lido before heading to Name That Tune.  There were four teams but they all had six people so I played on my own.  The theme was movies and for most of the questions the name of the song, the movie, and artist was required.  I was pleased to get 26 points on my own.  The winning team had 38.







Morning trivia

1.Mexico

2.The Pig War (yes, that is real – Google it!)

3.Aztec

4.Bessie Smith

5.fruit

6.Superman

7.guitars



Afternoon trivia

1.spinach

2.Bernaise

3.in his heart

4.chalk

5.7

6.Adam West



For the “Antarctic Experience” these are in the Crow’s Nest








The necklace we made today





The card from yesterday (I forgot to take a picture yesterday)





Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment