Monday, January 27, 2020


January 27, 2020



At Sea



As we are now below 48 degrees south latitude the temperature had taken a big nosedive (as I type this the outside temperature is 46F), therefore I have brought out my long sleeved blouses and long pants and retired the short sleeves and capris for the next 10-14 days.



With all the new yarn purchased, I took my swift and winder up to the Crow’s Nest at 9:30 and began winding some yarn cakes.  Sherita and Judy (Bob) also wound a couple.



Morning trivia gave us only 7 out of 15 points with two teams tied for the win with 10 points.

1.What is the main visual element in impressionist painting?

2.What is the highest peak in Scotland?

3.What was the name of the dog on “The Brady Bunch”?

4.What is 1/10 of a nautical mile called?

5.How many pencils could be produced from the carbon in an average human body – 3000, 9000, or 5000?

6.Which evolved first – trees, humans, cockroaches, or sharks?

7.What was mainly used by the ancient Egyptians to make pillows?



Two years ago when I did the Grand World Voyage there was a Captain’s Dinner in the Pinnacle Grill (the upcharge dining room) once a week for almost the entire cruise.  Some of the passengers on for the entire voyage were invited each week.   I had heard rumors this year that it had been done away with which was confirmed by the Environmental Officer who hosted our table last night.  When I returned to my cabin after trivia the invitation had been delivered for the March 5th Captain’s Gala Dinner in the MDR which is the replacement.



I had a few things to take care of after trivia so I did not work on my Linus blanket as usual. 







In arts and crafts we finished our fleece neck warmers and ear warmers and also made a pair of leather earrings.



I got some work done on my Linus blanket before going to the Crow’s Nest for afternoon trivia.  We only had four players so we invited Fred (who did not have a team today) to join us.  We did a little better than we have been with 19 out of 24 but the winners had 21.

1.How many players on a cricket team?

2.Roy Fitzgerald is better known by what name?

3.What is the name of the taxi company in the “Taxi” TV series?

4.What cut of beef is between the tenderloin and rump?

5.How many international time zones are there?

6.Name the four “Golden Girls”? (1/2 point each)



Since it was too chilly to swim or even walk around the open deck without a jacket, I had about two hours before dinner.  I worked on the blog and finished my current mystery with the sun streaming in my window.  The captain said at noon that the wind and seas would die down this afternoon and they have.



Four of us for dinner.  I stopped by the show featuring an illusionist, Ruben Vilagrand who I believe I have seen before.



Port Stanley in the Falklands (or Malvinas if you are Argentinian) tomorrow.



Morning trivia

1.color

2.Ben Nevis

3.Tiger

4.cable

5.9000

6.sharks

7.stones



Evening trivia

1.11

2.Rock Hudson

3.Sunshine

4.sirloin

5.24

6.Rose, Blanche, Sophia, and Dorothy





Captain's Dinner invitation



neck warmer and ear warmer


 
leather earrings





Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment